This year was another wonderful Christmas, this time with the Carter side of the family. Everyone was there, which was awesome, albeit a little cramped. It's always worth it, though. When you're having so much fun, it just doesn't matter that there are 13 people sharing one bathroom! We drove up Christmas Eve morning and spent the day hanging out, eating scrumptious food, and enjoying the spirit of Christmas. We had a heartwarming Christmas program where each member of the family shared a story/memory/experience/thought. It's a great tradition we want to continue with our own family once we get too big to have Christmas elsewhere. Christmas morning we got up and, in accordance with Carter tradition, marched downstairs according to age, youngest to oldest. You know (ahem) Santa was successful when each of the kids darts straight for his/her own pile.
Our suspicions were confirmed that Boston is a blue-collar worker at heart when he couldn't have been more thrilled with his gifts from Santa - a Caterpillar backhoe/bulldozer and a garbage truck.
He loved them so much, he didn't even want to open any more gifts.
Dallin enjoyed his gifts, too, although the wrapping paper was his favorite part.
Benjamin and I got the best present ever - a night away at our favorite getaway spot - the Apple Farm in San Luis Obispo (that's where the apple I'm holding is from). It came complete with the grandparents watching the boys while we were gone!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Love the pics! We had the best time with your family. Can't wait to do it again.
The boys are getting so big! I love the pictures! I hope all is well! :) Take care!
Those were really cute pictures. I love the family one. Sam did the same thing as Boston. He only wanted to play with the first toy he saw. I'm glad you had a nice time with the family.
It sounds like you had a fun Christmas. I think our boys will play well together! Luke loves his mechanics truck that makes the backin-up beep sound.
Post a Comment